On Monday 20th March 2017, West Sussex Partners in Care organised a one-day symposium on End of Life Care - YODO: You Only Die Once.
The theme was about getting it right every time - after you only get one chance to do it right.
Providers and partners from across West Sussex met in Billingshurst to discuss what makes a ‘good death’. The programme for the day provided a broad range of sessions where delegates heard from and discussed with speakers about:
● Personal experiences of how prior planning for death made it easier for all those involved; and the impact lack of discussion
about final wishes can have
● Consideration of how the death of a client may affect staff/carers
● Local EoL programmes
● Addressing inequalities in EoL care
● Advance Care Planning - legal aspects/ Gold Standard
● EoL and local CCG’s - hospital avoidance
Slides from the day are included below...