As a care provider in West Sussex, you and your team have access to hundreds of free quality social care training events in locations across the county. To see what is on offer, receive weekly updates about forthcoming workshops, or to book your place at any appropriate events (including our popular Managers' Forum), you will need to visit the West Sussex Learning and Development Gateway.
If you haven’t visited the Learning Gateway before, here is our own quick guide in 4 simple steps to getting started and using it...
1. New to the system, need to reset your password or have a general enquiry?
Click this link, fill in the contact details and the West Sussex County Council Learning & Development team will respond usually within 48 hours.
2. Logging on
When you have your username and password, add them here and click Enter. When you have logged on, you will see a number of options on the top of your screen. We recommend clicking on the ‘My Learning’ link to discover:
• How to ‘Update your email alerts’ – this is one of the best features of the Learning Gateway – a weekly email to your inbox updating you on new courses in subjects that you can select.
• Remember which ‘Events you are due to attend and their booking status’
• How to ‘Cancel a booking’ – this is really important. Although the training is free, if you can’t attend an event, please do cancel your booking or you will get an invoice from West Sussex County Council.
3. What is going on?
We recommend logging on before searching for events, because if you find something you want to attend you will have to find the course again. The search function tends to use keywords that are in the course description, not just the title. You will be presented with a list of courses, dates and venues. For instance, if you searched for ‘Managers Forum’ you might see this...
If you want to attend the event, click the ‘Request a place’ link and follow the instructions. If there is space, you will be sent:
• An email confirming that your request has been acknowledged
• After a little longer, your booking confirmation with joining instructions – do not lose these as they won’t be sent again.
4. Contact Us
If you have any comments or questions for the West Sussex County Council Learning & Development team, use this link to contact them. If you would like to raise a wider issue or feel that you are not being heard, please contact us.