Guest of Honour: Anna Dixon, Chief Executive, Centre for Ageing Better
The demand for older people’s services is growing rapidly with an ever increasing ageing population. Predictions suggest that there will be over 2.2 million more over 65’s in 2027 than in 2017. With services already overburdened, long-term sustainable solutions need to be discovered.
Join our expert panellists to discuss the practical implications of the Government’s proposals for a sustainable solution to funding. Hear from Skills for Care about workforce requirements to support future needs and from the Care Quality Commission (CQC) about how regulation of services can help drive quality and improvement. Including case studies of what is already working well in housing, hospital admissions and patient flow, whole-person integrated care, supporting carers and enabling older people to live in their own homes for longer.
Expert speakers include:
- Sharon Allen: CEO, Skills for Care
- Jules Constantinou: President-elect, Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Anna Dixon: Chief Executive, Centre for Ageing Better
- Wendy Dixon: Local System Reviewer, Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Bob Edwards: Integrated Care Director, NELFT NHS Foundation Trust
- Clare Jefferies: Owner & Director of Home Instead Senior Care – Wimbledon & Richmond
- Giles Meyer: Chief Executive, Carers Trust
- Imelda Redmond: National Director, Healthwatch England
- Clare Skidmore: Strategic Lead: Influencing and Networks, The Housing Learning & Improvement Network (LIN)
- Deanna Westwood: Local System Reviewer, Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Ruth Williams: Manager Integrated Care Service, Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust
- Peter Nuckley: Service Delivery Manager, Good Things Foundation
- The Government Green Paper: Care and Support for Older People
- Developing a Sustainable Workforce
- Applying Whole-Person Integrated Care
- Meeting the Housing Needs of Older People
- Supporting Families and Carers
Tuesday 20th November 2018 | 09:20 – 15:40
Receive 20% off the standard delegate rate for one delegate, receive 30% off if you book two places or more on any event with us.
In the “promotional code” section of the booking form, use the code OAPSZO-1421035 to receive 20%, and the code OAPSEO-1421035 for 30%.
Pay with a Credit or Debit Card and receive a further 10% off*
Senior Conference Producer
t: 0845 647 9000