Please see below details of this workshop; places are limited so worth responding quickly
Do you want to improve the literacy, numeracy and spoken communication skills of your staff?
Please join us and other providers at a free workshop to
- Share your views and experiences
- Learn more about practical ways to take constructive action on these crucial skills
- Review (and take away) new tools and resources specifically designed to help social care providers
Thursday 22 February, 13:00 to 16:00 at The Charis Centre, Crawley, RH11 7EL
To reserve a place (or find out more), please email me email@example.com
Who from your organisation should attend this workshop?
Managers and/or staff responsible for:
- Service safety and quality
- Recruitment and retention, including induction, the Care Certificate, staff development
- Learning and development
Why are we offering this workshop?
Attempts to drive up quality and improve safety depend on effective literacy, numeracy and spoken communication skills.
Unfortunately, we know that pressures around recruitment and retention oblige many providers to take on staff who may lack confidence with these skills.
Issues resulting can include
- Breakdowns in communication
- Inadequate record-keeping and reporting
- Serious errors monitoring of medication, hydration levels, etc.
- Inability to make effective use of digital and other technology
- Inability to engage with and/or apply training
- Behavioural and attitudinal issues that limit team working, willingness to take personal responsibility/be accountable, ability to show initiative and problem-solve, flexibility, ability to learn from mistakes, willingness to participate in development, qualifications, training etc.
The good news is that there are effective ways to manage and develop these skills, and useful free resources to help you.
This workshop – funded by Health Education England (Kent, Surrey and Sussex) – aims to ensure these approaches and resources are better understood and more widely used.
Locality Manager (London and South East)
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, West Sussex
Skills for Care
M: 07969 749 451 W: https://twitter.com/sfc_karenS
w: www.skillsforcare.org.uk | Lynton House, 4th Floor, 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9LT
Skills for Care develops skills and qualifications and employers of adult social care workers to improve the quality of service delivery across England.
Twitter www.twitter.com/skillsforcare | Facebook www.facebook.com/skillsforcare | YouTube www.youtube.com/skillsforcare
registered charity 1079836, registered company 3866683